Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

Hello, I have a Whirlpool front load washer branded Kenmore

I have a Whirlpool front load washer branded Kenmore He3(NNN) NNN-NNNNmodel that is ~5 ys old. I have been getting door lock errors & the machine will not operate (Error code = F-DL). Do have suggestion as to what I need to troubleshoot next or recommended part(s) to replace based on other based on machine field history?

Here is what I checked so far:

(1) Door latch on door is aligned & secure

(2) I removed the door lock mechanism in the middle front & the contact switch appears to be working correctly when I run a check it on the ohm meter... and the mechanism appears to move with ease (nothing jammed)

(2) I pulled out the upper rear circuit board to check for any loose connections, solder points, etc... with the naked eye, it looks ok

Thanks, Geoff
if you are getting the DL error all you can do is replace the door latch assy and the part number is(NNN) NNN-NNNNand cost $49.99 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you / thanks
graphic
before i go off line, take my insulin and rest up is there anything else i can do for you today before I go ,,, Larry
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the feedback the washing machine door lock mechanism... do you have any thoughts about comments on the web regarding Whirlpoo / Kenmoore DL errors caused by poor solder joints or loose connections on the control panel? Not sure if those were mis-diognosis or not.

Looks like i have to order this door latch part so want to be sure before placing the order if I need to get something else as well.

Thanks, Geoff

anytime i have ran across the error on whirlpool of any of the kenmore products it has always been the door latch and never the control if thats what you mean ,, the controls seem to be a good part on these units