Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

my maytag neptune dryer is stuck on. on light is flashing

my maytag neptune dryer is stuck on. on light is flashing and it doesn't respond to any button that is pushed. i unplugged it for about an hour and plugged it back in and it is still stuck on previous setting.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer's for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

model #mde5500ayq

serial #62520601cv

maytag neptune stuck on. on/pause button is flashing, won't start and can't change any of the settings, none of the buttons will respond. pushed on button and held for 30 seconds, and unplugged for an hour with no response.

Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

This is caused by a shorted keypad on the unit, you will need to replace the console to repair this problem, this is part number 33002537, You can order the parts you need from the following places,,, or, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Part 894088