S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance

I have a Kenmore Elite HE 4t washer. It keeps stopping with

I have a Kenmore Elite HE 4t washer. It keeps stopping with a "F02" error light. Sometimes after canceling everything the standing water will be removed by a "drain" cycle but now this isn't working. I have confirmed that there is no kinking or clogging of the drain hose. The drain hose is not elevated above the floor and we are not in a cold climate. Do I need a service visit or are there other things I can try?

yes this is normally caused by the drain filter. im guessing this is a front loader. please include the entire model number when asking questions so we can assist you better.

to access the filter tilt the washer back slightly (don't have to but makes this easier) and remove the three screws along the bottom panel. the pump will be right in the front and you will see a round cap on the pump facing right at you. turn it counter clockwise and remove. clean the filter and also be sure the incoming hose and pump itself is clean. this will solve your problem.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks - found a small wool glove in the filter and I think all is now well. I really appreciate you teaching me how to do this! - Jon Zaroff
your welcome. thank you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm still confused about the web interface. I certainly intended to authorize payment - did I do so or not?!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Oops - you can ignore the last email - I got the confirmation that you were paid - JZ