Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I have a whirlpool dishwasher and I cant seem to reset the

I have a whirlpool dishwasher and I can't seem to reset the dishwasher to run another wash cycle. On the top panel the the row of lights read sensing,washing,drying,clean,sanitized,with the light in the clean button remains flashing. I can't cancel this button by hitting the cancel button. I'm not sure how to reset the dishwasher in order to restart the wash cycle, your thoughts? My e-mail address isXXX@XXXXXX.XXX your anticipated cooperation in this matter will be appreciated.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question. If you count the blinks of the clean light there should be a pause every now and then followed by the repeated blinks. How many blinks do you get? Dave
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I count 7(seven) blinks in between pauses
Ok, that means you had a failure in the water heater circuit. To reset you need to enter diagnostics. Press Heated Dry, Normal, Heated Dry Normal and it will go into diagnostics. Wait 30 seconds and hit cancel and the DW should run. You will need to test the heater and the door switches to find the heat problem. Dave
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did that and when I hit the cancel button the dishwasher proceeded to go into a drain cycle even though there is no water in the dishwasher and the clean button is still flashing and I still can not go back to running a new wash cycle, your thoughts?
If the clean LED is still flashing the diagnostic entry was not successful. After you entered the Heated Dry, Normal sequence did all the lights light up for a few seconds? Dave
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I only pressed the heated dry button,(from the options panel), am suppose to push this button as well as the normal button (from the cycles panel) also. When I did press the heated dry button there weren't all the lights lighting up, your thoughts?
With the control off and the door closed, you quickly press the two buttons one at a time and repeat just as listed. After the 4 presses it should go into diagnostics and light all the lights. Dave
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Will the dishwasher reset to a new drying setting or do I have to keep repeating this procedure?
After it resets you can start a new cycle but if the heater does not operate the fault code will repeat again. Sometimes you will get several cycles before it faults out. Dave
Experience: 30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore