John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

quiet series 300 dishwasher Wont drain. Thoughts

Customer Question

quiet series 300 dishwasher Won't drain. Thoughts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

Hi thanks for the question.

Please send me the complete model number so I can help you better.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Maytag quiet series 300 dishwasher.
A few days ago it went thru the wash cycle...but didn't empty all of the water.
I've put baking soda and vinegar and boiling water into the basket 3 times to attempt to clear any possible clogs...and i am now running a quick wash one more time to see if it clears up. Not sure what else to try.
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
That is not the model number , its inside the door.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Model # XXXXX
Just finished the quick wash. Same result...except now i have a lot of bubbles.
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
Take the bottom panel off theres four screws to remove theres an electric water pump that gets clogged up with food , bail out as much as you can then using a towel to catch the left over water take the pump hose off and clean the pump out it should fix the problem.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok...I'll give that a try now.
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
Great its a common problem with that model number.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok. I took off the 3 screws to take off the grey base.
Then I took off 6 screws to take off the round base that has 3 filter type things on it and connects to the back of the dishwasher.
I am still not seeing a pump hose.
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

# XXXXX is the water pump , does this help you with the pump.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok. I have parts 1-8 out...but I am having trouble with part 9 (the 3 piece item). It just keeps turning as I try to go clockwise and counterclockwise and is not coming loose from the motor. Does this part 9 just Pull Out/apart from the motor below? Or
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
Part # XXXXX is inside the motor , its part # XXXXX thats the water pump, it has nothing to do with the inside of the motor the water pump is under the the d/w.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok. Sorry to keep asking follow up questions...
I can see part 15...it is just an orange rubber cap.
How do I get to the water pump? (#14) Do I need to remove the entire motor (#10) first? Does #10 just pull up? I am not seeing any more screws or anything to take out.
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
Yes you can take oit # XXXXX it has four rubber locking pieces that you move towards the middle, once the electricas have been disconnected and the hose.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am seeing a hose that goes from underneath the countertops to the garbage disposal. If I disconnect this hose from the garbage disposal and clean it out...is that the same thing? I still don't see how to get the motor out. All I see is the plastic cover over the motor with the 6 screw holes in it. I do not see any rubber locking pieces. Thanks for all of the help!
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
The hose that hooks up to the sink attatches to the water pump so follow that hose and take it off at the water pump.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok. I can't seem to get to the water pump from the sink side. It is on the other side of the cabinetry. So in order to get to the water pump do I have to take out the motor? I only am seeing a black rubber ring (#12)around the plastic cover with 6 screw holes over the motor. this is flush with the bottom of the dishwasher. I see that the #9 part is exposed through the middle of the plastic cover, but I cannot see how to get this off (part 10).
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
Theres a hose that leaves the main motor and goes to the water pump, theres only the main motor and the water pump, I sent you a picture of the water pump so I cant underatand why your having a problem finding the pimp.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I think it is because I haven't taken out the motor yet. I can't seem to figure out how to get at the motor. In the diagram you sent...I have been able to take out pieces 1-8. But for part 10 I can't seem to get it out.
I do appreciate your help.
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
But you dont take the motor out , you can see the water pump from the front bottom panel if its off.
John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok. I have taken off the front bottom panel and I am seeing the pump now. Not a lot of room for me to work with under the dishwasher....but I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the help.
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
Its best some times to pull the d/w out from the counter and lay it on its back.