John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My fridge/freezer keeps switching itself off. Its not a power

Customer Question

My fridge/freezer keeps switching itself off. It's not a power issue - the temperature setting lights are still on, as is the light inside the fridge when you open the door, but the fridge and freezer compartments obviously arent chilling anymore. It stops making a noise as well. If I turn it off and then back on again using the power switch on the fridge that temporarily restarts it, but it then stops working again after a while.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  esequiel walker replied 6 years ago.
hi there sounds like a bad control board losing power on relays to board can i get a model number please
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I know it sounds dumb, but I cant find a model number anywhere on it and I've had it too long to have any manuals etc. I think. All it says on the front is Samsung cool 'n' cool. Any suggestions?
if u open the door look up by the light for a decal
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Tried that - nothing there. Sorry!
hi if u can see a square silver panel around the outside of the fridge
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ahh! Well done - SRL 3616B
that silver plate can u remove it should see a computer board
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The model number I found wasn't on a plate, it was on a sticker right at the bottom of the fridge. Were you going to suggest the whole whisker thing on the computer board? I can't see any computer board or way to get at anything like that from the outside of the fridge?
ok one last thing when it loses power and turns off can it turn back on right way to
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Not always straight away, sometimes I have to turn off/on a couple of times to get it to work. Although yesterday it came back on by itself - went to get something out and found that it was cold and fridge had started working again.
thats a bad cold control itsfaulty contact should come on everytime