Craig
Craig, Electrical Technician
Experience:  33 years experience electrical troubleshooting industrial equipment and control systems.
21549903

My Beachcomber Hot tub control panel is showing FL and will

My Beachcomber Hot tub control panel is showing "FL" and will not reset. What is the possible fault and can I do anything short of calling a repairman ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Craig replied 4 years ago.
Do you have a meter? Can you open it up? Are you able to check a few things with my help?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry but I do not have a voltage meter, but can possibly borrow one. I can open up the panel.
Expert:  Craig replied 4 years ago.
Have you turned off the main breaker feeding it for a reset?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I did. No system response. Usually it takes about 10-15 seconds for the circulating pump to activate after the circuit breaker is reset. Since the "FL" panel light comes on, there has been no pump activation. Since the "FL" light is on, there is power to the hot tub system.
Expert:  Craig replied 4 years ago.
So you think there is no power coming to the tub from the breaker? FL may mean 'flow' fault. We need to know if there is power coming in...look for a small cable near the heating unit, it will be the flow switch. Make usre the wires are on and tight.

Edited by Craig on 1/30/2010 at 4:29 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Just turned on main circuit breaker. Power to the system since the "FL" indicator light on the hot tub panel is illuminated. No response from any panel buttons (tub light, power jets, or temperature setting. What can I do to check for flow since the pump is not circulating the water?
Expert:  Craig replied 4 years ago.
I believe what we have is the circulating pump is not running and the control 'sees' that due to no flow switch activated. You need to focus on the circulating pump motor or motor strart relay. I don't know if you can co this with out a meter or specific troubleshooting knowledge. I will help as much as I can...Look at the pump. Check for any fuses in the control panel Look things over in the panel very closely, you may see something. Look for a wire off, loose connection anything out of the ordinary
Craig, Electrical Technician
Experience: 33 years experience electrical troubleshooting industrial equipment and control systems.