Inactive, Licensed Master Electrician
Experience:  ----------JA Verified Electrical Expert!!----------

What would cause my oven to keep tripping the circuit breaker

What would cause my oven to keep tripping the circuit breaker? Plus, the fridge tripped for the first time as well (at the same time as the over).
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Inactive replied 6 years ago.
Can you explain this a little more?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What info do you need?
Expert:  Inactive replied 6 years ago.
Can you explain more of the circumstances surrounding when the breaker trips? Are the stove and refrigerator on the same circuit or different circuits. What circuit breaker is tripping, the main house breaker or the individual breaker protecting the appliances.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The stove and fridge are separate. It is the stove breaker that trips

When I turn on the oven section of my stove, within 5 minutes the breaker trips. The stove part alone is fine, although I feel if turn on the stove while the oven is on, it quickens the trip. I can usually reset it and continue on, but lately it trips again in a short while. Sometimes it wont reset, though.
Expert:  Inactive replied 6 years ago.
What size breaker is protecting the stove? What number is XXXXX on the breaker handle?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I cannot tell you now. Normally what should it be? What would be considered the maximum for a standard stove? My concern is that this is did not happen before, and is getting more frequent. Do the breakers deteriorate with use?
Expert:  Inactive replied 6 years ago.
99% of stoves shoudl be on a 50amp breaker. If yours is not, that is most likely why it keeps tripping when you use allot of features on the unit. If it is on a 50amp breaker, then its likely the breaker is going bad and will need to be replaced. If you do find that you need to replace your breaker, here is a video that I made up that specifically shows you exactly how to do this: