Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore Type 575-0 dishwasher that is not working.

I have a Kenmore Type 575-0 dishwasher that is not working. A repair tech said it needs a new computer board. The estimated cost of the part, plus house call, plus hourly labor woujld be about $300. Can you provide some guidance as to where this computer board would be located in a dishwasher and where I could buy it. My husband is very handy and we can do it ourselves, it would save us a bundle. Thank you.
First the tech might be wrong, try resetting the board first. Press: Heated dry, High temp wash, Heated dry, High temp wash, Heated dry, High temp wash.

All the lights should light up at which point you can press cancel to reset your control board.

*** NOTE *** If you don't have a "heated dry" button then use "air dry" or "energy saver dry"
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How is the board reset? Also, where is the board located?
I just told you how to reset the board, and it's located inside the door of your dishwasher in the upper right hand corner.

try resetting the board first. Press: Heated dry, High temp wash, Heated dry, High temp wash, Heated dry, High temp wash.