william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate

i have an error code AE on my dishwasher ld12as1

Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.

AE indicates that the safety switch in the base has activated. It means you have a leak somewhere and the base has flooded.

You will need to find the leak, repair it and then drain all the water out of the base, Once the base of the appliance is emptied the safety switch will reset itself.

Unplug the appliance from the wall socket. Pull the machine out and tip it forward about 45 degrees and see it drains the base from the rear corners of the appliance.

Hope this helps you.

If this answers your question, please click the ACCEPT BUTTON This is how I get paid for my skills & knowledge.Need more info ask as long as it pertains to the same question. BONUSES are appreciated. NOTE: As I am not there this is based on your observations and information that i get from you. Thank-you.