Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

GAS DRYER WILL NOT HEAT SOMETIMES

GAS DRYER WILL NOT HEAT SOMETIMES
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi do you see the igniter glowing? if so is there flame for a short period of time then it stops? Mike
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no the flame is good but it will not blow the flame to the compartment
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Is the drum turning?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes all day
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes it will run all day
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
where are we
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Ok sounds like we have a blockage in the venting system or a bad blower wheel. Access the machine and check the venting for a blockage. More likely near the lint filter. If you do not find a blockage then check to see if the blower wheel is turning while the drum is turning. If as I suspect the blower wheel is not turning you will need to replace it. Mike
4
Enlarge Photo
Blower wheel assembly - Dryer blower wheel comes with center clamp. Size approx. 7.5" Dia. X 3 3/8 Wide. For retaing rings order AP3038076.
Part Number: AP4294048 made by WHIRLPOOL
$12.36
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Mike there is no blokege and the blower works about 1/2 the time, so why would the wheel be no good
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
It works half the time? it must be loose then. I would take the blower housing apart and check it is fully and solidly hooked up to the motor. It may be that it is loose and in certain positions not hooked up. If the blower is only turning sometimes but the drum runs all the time then this is the only thing it can be since the drum and the blower are connected to the motor. Mike
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok so how do I fix the problem, what do I have to do to fix it , is there a page I can down load ect.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
You will need to take the 2 screws out of the front botXXXXX XXXXXp. Once the screws are out you should be able to pull the front of the machine off. Next look for the blower housing. Take all the screws out of the front of the blower housing and then remove the front plate. Next check the blower. If it is loose try bending the clip so it is tighter. if not you will need a new clip blower wheel or retainer depending on what is causing the problem. Mike
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
where do i get the new part at
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Click HERE for replacement parts and any schematics you may need. Mike
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
which part do I really need
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
You won't know until you look at the blower wheel. Could be 2 3 or 4
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Mike thanks much I'll go for it. If I need more Info how do I get back with you.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
You can just log in and message me even after accepting. Just come back to this question. Mike
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Your Welcome. Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

THE PROBLEM IS NOT FIXED THE ANSWER WAS NO GOOD, ANSWER ME AT

XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi, still having a problem?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ya mike, let me break this down for you, the glow plug comes on, but the gas won't open so the glow plug just stays lit, yet when i rock the entire machine and let it slam down kinda hard the gas comes on and of course exnites, and the machine work
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Ok you made no mention of this on the previous post. You said no air was blowing around the machine which suggests the blower. Ok then the problem here is going to be the safety valve 16 is getting stuck. when you bounce the machine around it opens. Here is the part you need replace. Mike
16
Enlarge Photo
VALVE- GAS - This gas valve includes the coils. For the coils alone use part number AP3094251
Part Number: AP4037259 made by WHIRLPOOL
$120.90
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Mike come on I dont have that kinda money, what other option? repair the valve, find used part, throw a dog a bone mike
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
This is a fairly common machine. you will likely be able to find the part used from a local used appliance store. Other then that I can't think of anything else kiddo. Try google used appliance parts (your town state) and then this is the correct part number. W10116794.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No A frend came by and said that it's not making contac at the top control swich,so he took a toothbrush and cleand the swich and its now working fine. thanks for your try any way. David

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Great!