Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

GE Profile frig wont cool HRS error code on display. Unpluged

GE Profile frig won't cool HRS error code on display. Unpluged and still wont start to cool. Is there anyway to reset?
Hi when you say the unit won't cool do you mean both fridge and freezer?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes nothing in display for temps at all only thing that was blinking was an HRS error code
Ok HRS is just a generic code to tell you to call for service. Ok need you to pull the unit out and take the lower panel off at the back. Once the panel is off need to know if the compressor is warm/hot or cold/room temp. Mike
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The compressor is at room temp
Can you give me the full model number. Should be around the door jamb. Ge is normally a plate down by the door hinge. Mike
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
pss26sgrc ss
Ok what has happened here is the unit has got stuck in the defrost cycle. The defrost cycle shuts the unit down for 15 minutes every 24 hours or so to melt the ice on the evaporator. The timer is built into the mother board in this case. Basically this means you will need to replace the mother board 801. If you have any additional questions please feel free to comment. Mike
801
Enlarge Photo
BOARD ASM MAIN CONTROL - Note: GE factory replacement part. Due to manufacturer changes part received may appear different in configuration compared to the origonal. Instructions included.
Part Number: AP4436216 made by GE
$126.95
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
is this an easy job or should I have someone who knows what they are doing fix this. In addition the water and ice on front door is not working would this be the same thing? Thanks,
You would have to take the metal panel off at the back and pull the wires out to the board then hook the new one up and replace all the wires. The problem with the dispenser relates to the same power loss to the mother board. Personally since this is an expensive part I would have a tech come take care of this because you will have a warranty on the part. If you feel confident you can do this there is no reason why you should not. Mike
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you
Your welcome. If you need any further assistance please feel free to come back to this question. Mike
Do you have any other questions? if not please don't forget to hit the accept button. Thanks! Mike