Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Maytag Neptune washer will not start. All the lights come

My Maytag Neptune washer will not start. All the lights come on but pressing the start button does nothing.

Will Not Start

• Plug cord into live electrical outlet.
  • Check fuse or reset circuit breaker to outlet.
  • Close lid and push the START/PAUSE button to start

washer. The START/PAUSE LED should change from

flashing to on continuously.

• Check to see if the washer is in a pause or soak

period of the cycle. Wait briefly for cycle to advance.

• Check for restricted drain system.
  • Check the lid, lid latch mechanism, and circuitry.

have you tried unplugging this for 5 minutes to see if it resets? I will look up the service manual for this I'll be back shortly, thanks Bryan

cliak this link and go through the procedures to diagnostics, http://servicematters.com/maytag_library/docs/16022808.pdf this tells you how to put this in test mode , I'll be back in a while to check,thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bryan:
I have done everything you said except to check the lid, lid latch mechanism, and circuitry.
ThanksCustomer
no problem thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bryan:
Sorry I have not gotten back to you. I entered Service Mode and get a 10 error - unbalanced load etc. I tried to display other diagnostic codes using Set Delay down-arrow and only the 10 error was displayed. Set Delay up-arrow sets the time delay 1h, 2h etc.
I tried to clear all diagnostic codes and nothing changed.
What next?
Thanks
Carlos
I believe your board is bad, you should be able to do full diagnostics on this, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=these are $180.00 so if I were you I would call for service to be sure. it seems the board has failed. they have a lot of trouble with these machines and they are expensive to fix, I wish I could do more, without being able to do full diagnostics it has to be the board. thanks and well wishes Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bryan:
If I read you correctly, if the board was okay, I should be able to run the diagonostics. SInce I can't, the board is bad.
Is this correct?
Carlos
yes I believe thats it, sorry for the long wait for reply I was out, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bryan:
Do you happen to have the part number? or where/howw I can find it?
Thanks
Carlos
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bryan:
Can I hire you again? Washer is still not working!
Thanks
Carlos
i will be with you in 30 minutes ,thanks bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bryan:
I have done the following:
1. Motor Control Board Test - I just realized that I did not perform the test correctly. I will do it again and get back to you.
2. Also, I managed to break the black plastic clip the anchors the membrane to the motor control board so I will need to find a replacement. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Carlos
I dont know about the clip but I'll look later, big storm comming here got to battan down the hatches,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Okay. I will look on eBay or at a junk yard.
Talk to you later!
Carlos
ok , thanks carlos, Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bryan:
I found what is called "the digital console with circuit board". It looks like the membrane touch pad with the circuit board inside. It was on eBay so I got it. I should have it in a few days and then we'll see what happens.
Hope the storm does not bring any surpises!
Thanks
Carlos
its already snowing! thanks let me know, Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bryan:
I hope you made it through the white stuff with no major problems! I got the "digital console with control board" from eBay, put it in and everything worked. I suspect the real problem may have been in the touch panel or the ribbon cable. Anyway, I returned the control board I had bought and will be getting a refund.
Thanks for all your help!
Carlos
thats good to hear, a lot of the time it is the ribbon getting dirty. I'm glad you got it working though, thanks Bryan