esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp
15396620

I have an insinkerator badger 7 1/3 horse that is not working.

I have an insinkerator badger 7 1/3 horse that is not working. I have turned it from underneath with the provided wrench. The button underneath does not 'click in'. It makes a hum when I turn it on so I know there is power to it. Help!!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  esequiel walker replied 6 years ago.
when u turn the wrench do u break it loose to where it spins freely before u turn it on run water to it to flush out everything
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It spins when i spin it. but not completely around freely real fast.
ok these disposals get massive build up throughout usage the blades corrode the inside corrodes but it turns on when u turn the switch
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The disposal makes a humming sound when I power the switch, but nothing moves. no rotation at all.

ok if u have broken it free and it spins freely but u turn it on and it hums the disposal is in need of replacement the windings are worn pressing accept pays me thanks