Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Amana Distinctions Refrigerator DRS 2662 Freezer and refrigerator

Amana Distinctions
Refrigerator
DRS 2662
Freezer and refrigerator only cools to 50 degrees

What is the temps in freezer compartment?

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Same temperature both sides.

Freezer and Refrigerator are cooling to 48 to 50 Degrees

Thanks

Paul

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Now Freezer is 35 degrees and refrigerator 49 degrees both thermastats are at full cold.

Paul

Sorry my computer went down, is there frost or ice on the back wall of the freezer at this time?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

There is no frost or ice on the back wall of freezer at this time.

Paul

You will need to pull the unit out from the wall and remove the back cover and see if the compressor is hot and that the fan is running back there, let me know.

Chas

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Compressor is hot and fan is running. I can do continuity test on some of the relays it you think it is that.

Can you feel the compressor and tell if it running, usually if it is not running it will hum and click every few minutes..

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Fan is running, Compressor is hot and quite no humming or clicking.

Paul

Has the temps risen any further in the freezer and fridge section?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Temperature is holding at 50 degrees freezer and refrigerator.

Paul

Does the compressor and fan ever shut down, or is it running non-stop?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Running non stop.

I have a real feeling that the compressor has lost it's effiency and is going to fail real soon, this is an expensive repair costing over $500 to replace, depending on the age of the unit it may be cheaper to replace the entire unit instead of the compressor.

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It appears that I can buy a compressor for under $300.00. How difficult is the replacement of the compressor.

First you have to have an EPA license to purchase the refrigerant and refrigerant recovery equipment, then you will need a turbo torch, silver solder, access valves, scale, gauges, I can install a new compressor in under 2 hours, This is not something a normal DIY project.