S.E.Thomas
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance
23707800

My Fisher Paykel washer wont start. I followed the manual

My Fisher Paykel washer won't start. I followed the manual for what it told me do.
I did a very large load, but then took the large item out during the spin cycle.... could that have done something to the washer? It does seem finicky sometimes...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  esequiel walker replied 4 years ago.
hi does it power on what else does it too
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, it does power on. I can press any of the cyles and it looks like it is going to start. But then you hear a dull, slow rolling sound at the bottom of the washer like it can't get going. About five seconds later, the beeping sounds start and the lid lock icon begins flashing.

I have done what it told me to do--- 1. check that the lid is closed.

2. press start/pause

and I unplugged it to see if that would help; one for a short time, and one-- overnight.

It was operating fine until I washed a large comforter, and pulled it out the washer before the spin cycle was finished.

Expert:  S.E.Thomas replied 4 years ago.
if you remove the control panel you will find a tech sheet that will tell you the codes. the lights flashing is a fault code. there is a chance that the board has malfunctioned or that the teeth that seat the tub to the motor are bad. it can also be a pump problem. the first thing to do it see what the code is and what its for. then i can assist you more. have a look at this and let me know what you find. remove the two sometimes three screws behind the control panel and lift forward.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have the control panel off... I need to look at the tech sheet.... what will that tell me?

I have limited time right now, so can I get back with you later?

yes sure. it will tell you what the flashing lights mean by the number of flashes ans the lights that are flashing. also how to test several things using the built in diagnostics
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I talked to you last evening and finally was able to complete the diagnostics. I went through it twice, but no numbers came up for me to pursue on the panel.

I just re-read your message about flashing lights, and it does revert to the spin cycle-- that's where it left off. I didn't count flashing lights because I didn't see anything about that.

Does any of this help?

It did not reveal any codes? Did you follow the directions to check stored codes?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'll go back and see... I was following point by point and this is starting to get overwhelming!
This is why tech do not repair this brand
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'll keep trying. Didn't expect to spend my entire Sunday doing this but maybe I'll have a huge sense of accomplishment!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I went through the LED diagnostic mode again. When I finish pushing the spin button until the slow and hold lights are on, it says I should see the last fault. The only thing that shows up is WASH on the right side -- no codes, nothing else. I have done this four times.

I did go through the component testing and everything seems like it is working. I even tried to restart again, and it just stays on wash, and does the whirring noise like it isn't connecting or something.

Now the power light is staying on and just blinking-- after you hear the series of beeps...

I cannot get that light off unless I unplug the machine.

did the pump run when you ran the pump test? did the motor run when you did the motor test? if they did then it seams your control board is bad as i thought in the beginning. this part can be found at one of the following www.appliancepartspros.com, www.apwagner.com, and www.appliancezone.com.
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance