Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a Kenmore oasis elite washer. It spins out of balance

I have a Kenmore oasis elite washer. It spins out of balance everytime I use it. The repair man can't figure out whats wrong with it and has been here 4 times help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

The model number on Kenmore or Sears products consist of 10 digits usually, the first 3 digits tell us who made it for them and the remainder is the model number, please send the model number in the following format: (NNN) NNN-NNNN this will allow Just Answer to display the number and not think it is a phone number and X it out like this XXXXXXXXXX,

What error codes are you getting on the machine?

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the model # XXXXX XXXXX fallows 110.27062602 and the code it gives me is UL. The machine can be almost empty or full and it will spin out of control like all the clothes were on one side of the machine but when I look in it they are evenly distributied.
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.
Do you hear any grinding noises or anything during the spin cycle?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It just sounds like the tub is hitting against the sides of the machine, which it is. It also makes a loud clicking sound, I think it comes from the tub moving so very out of balance but I can't tell.

Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

This sounds like the bearing in the outer tub has gone out in the unit causing it to spin improperly, The repair is removing the outer tub and replacing it with a new one.

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can you give me a part # XXXXX that bearing? My machine doese not always spin out of balance, just most of the time. Do you think it would work sometimes and sometimes not.
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

The bearing is part of the outer tun, it does not come separate, the part number you would need is part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN this has been a high failure item on these machines and most distributors are not in stock. You can order the parts you need from the following places, www.apwagner.com, www.repairclinic.com, or www.partstore.com, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the info if this works I will be so happy. I have 6 children and want to do foster care again, so I really need my washer to work. Again Thanks and have a good day.
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

We were Foster Parents for 10 years when we lived in Texas, we miss but do not have the room here anymore to do it. Good Luck

Chas