RUSS
RUSS, SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Experience:  TECHNICIAN AND TEACHER
19031375

How do I remove a Hotpoint built in dishwasher to get to the

How do I remove a Hotpoint built in dishwasher to get to the hose inlets? What do I grab and pull? The clearance between washer and cabinet is close.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  RUSS replied 7 years ago.
You will have to remove screws on the top of the unit into the cabinet. then remove the drain hose fro under the sink, then remove the bottom panel from the dishwasher and remove electric and water lines after turnin off both! NOW YOU CAN JUST PULL THE DOOR AND WIGGLE IT OUT. THANKS AND HAPPY 2010
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I will look at the washer. I do not remember screws holding washer in place. Back in 5 min.
Expert:  RUSS replied 7 years ago.
THEY SHOULD BE through brackets that come oout the top with screws up into the counter top
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The screws are there. However, there is a copper tube from the hot water pipe through the wooden cabinet into the dishwasher area.
Won't this prevent washer movement?
Expert:  RUSS replied 7 years ago.
I said yu have to remove the drain, THEN the bottom panel and take the water and electrical off AFTER turning both off! The copper tube will stop it from moving
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I looked under the washer after removing panels. I could not see any water hose. I saw electric cables but could not see where to disconnect them.
Expert:  RUSS replied 7 years ago.
the water line goes to the inlet valve and the electric goes to a junction box....they are there, no doubt about it. I did not see it no install it and can only tell you what should be, this is not a dfficult task
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Will the water line be a flexible tube or will the copper line go to the inlet valve. Which side of the washer is the junction box at and how close to the front?
Expert:  RUSS replied 7 years ago.
Both should be close to the front most liely to the left. MY dishwasher is solid copper tube.....Like i HAVE STATED, I DID NO INSTALL YOURS AND HAVE TOLD YOU WHAT SHOULD BE, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS IN YOUR PARTICULAR INSTALLATION
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I assume the installations are fairly standard. How is the copper tube connected to the inlet valve and how is it removed?
Expert:  RUSS replied 7 years ago.
iT IS A NUT(TURN CONTER CLOCKWISE TO REMOVE) THAT REQUIRES THE PROPER SIZE WRENCH, SIZE OFYOUR UNKNOWN.....GET A REALLY BRIGHT FLASHLIGHT AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT IT IS. BE SURE TO TURN OFF THE WATER WATER AND ELECTRICITY