Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

My whirlpool dishwasher makes a loud buzzing sound for about

My whirlpool dishwasher makes a loud buzzing sound for about 30 seconds to 1 minute towards the end of the rinse cycle. It seems to be as it is starting to drain and starting the drying cycle. It doesn't do it during the wash cycle.

Any idea what they problem might be?
Hi does the water drain out as it should?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No problem with draining which is what you would expect. Just a very loud buzzing/humming sound.
what is the model number? should be located around the door
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will have to get back to you. I'm at work right now. Give me a couple hours to get off work and get your answer.
ok get back to me when you have it. Mike
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Mike, My dishwasher is a Whirlpool Quiet Partner II, Imperial Series. I also found a number. I think it's a serial number rather than a model number but here it is: #(NNN) NNN-NNNN
yes thats the serial number, whirlpool make 2 types of dishwasher and I need to figure which one it is. There are normally 3 letters at the start of the model number. Mike
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I think it likely that the motor or pump is straining or something is caught in the pump housing. Those are really the only things that could cause a loud humming when you get to the drain. I think it more likely that something is trapped in the pump housing since you really only get this when the machine drains. You should take the pump apart from inside the machine, first removing the spray arm and then the filter to see if anything is wrapped around the chopper blade. I have seen a few times this happen with those pesky bread bag ties. Here is a schematic of the pump that may assist you when you pull the pump apart. Mike