John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

my frigidaire dishwasher model GLD2355RDC1 will not cycle.

Customer Question

my frigidaire dishwasher model GLD2355RDC1 will not cycle. I have run a complete cycle and the unit does not heat nor drain completely. It is getting power.

t appears the pump that controls the draining
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
check for power to the pump, if it has power replace the pump, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=these pumps are bad they strip inside and don't drain, can you hear the pump run at all?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no i cannot hear anything. the unit makes no noise what so ever. when we run a cycle the timer counts down. no water runs. the drying element does not get hot
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok no water runs in at all?do you have a volt meter? you need a meter to check different things, let me know , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok the first thing you need to check is the fill valve for power, take the panel off the front under the door and the fill valve is there turn the machine on and check for power to the valve, you should get power at the beginning of the cycle 110 volts