Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Whirlpool Duet washer hangs up a 1 minute remaining and fails

Whirlpool Duet washer hangs up a 1 minute remaining and fails to complete rinse cycle
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
can you get me the full model #? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Duet HT
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
this runs all the way through until it hits 1 minute remaining? so it does the first rinse and spin? is this draining properly?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes it seems to.
Hangs up showing 1 minute remaining, but clothes are sudsy and wet. After 10-15 minutes, the rinse cycle and spin cycle finally occur.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok you should first try cleaning the coin catch on the pump. take the 3 screws out of the bottom of the front panel(these are hard to see get down close to the floor) and remove the front panel under the door, then you will see the catch, turn the cap counter clock wise and pull it out, clean all the crap out of it and look into the hose make sure there isn't anything in there then replace the catch and try it. its taking to long to drain, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I opened the coin catch as you suggested and found only a modest amount of gunk in there. Is there anything else that I should try?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well it sounds to me like theres a suds block in this, you say the clothes are all sudsy , what are you using for detergent? try running this with no clothes and no detergent and see what it does, have you seen any fault codes come up on this at all?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My wife tells me that the SUD code has appeared recently. We looked at our detergent and discovered that we purchased the wrong detergent in error. At this very moment, she is going to the store to get the HE detergent that we customarily use.
My only disappointment is that her missing sapphire that I bought 40 years ago in Thailand didn't turn up in the coin catch.
Nice job!

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

sorry you didn't find the sapphire, but at least you know the problem, you should run this on hot wash with no detergent a few times to clean it out, good job, thanks Bryan