Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Someone gave me a used electric dryer. It worked real good

Someone gave me a used electric dryer. It worked real good for a couple of weeks. I pushed it out to clean behind it and hit the washer pretty hard. When the two touched a spark leaped out leaving a black spot on the paint where they touched. The breaker didn't click but now the dryer does not run. What would have caused them to spark when touching. What can I do to correct the problem. Thanks for any help.
[email protected]
can you get me the model #? , its sounds like your washer isn't grounded correctly,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The Dryer is:

Kenmore Modelstock no.

The washer is GE: WHDSR315DWW

serial #DG1132636.

This is a vacation home I own and had rentals in here. They may have done things to it. If so I would like to correct it myself. So any tips are appreciated. Removed the renters and trying to make do on the cheap here. Because of economy going to sell my house and move in here. If the washer has any life left I would like to extend it till I get money to buy some new appliances.

well the first thing to check is the ground on the washer, does this have a three prong outlet its plugged into? if not you need to ground this. as far as the dryer goes you probably need the thermal fuse at this point, Part 2986this is located on the blower in the back of the dryer if you take the back panel off it will be on the lower left side bottom when looking from the back, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
you can just come back and post here and I'll get it, thanks Bryan