Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a ge dryer. I have had it for several years. About 6

I have a ge dryer. I have had it for several years. About 6 mos ago it started blowing the main huse (100 amp box). It would do it everso often, but then it began occurring more often.Now within 10 minutes it does it. I noticed the internal vent screeen is detoriating. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
this is blowing the main house fuse? a 100 amp fuse? this shouldn't blow the main it should blow the fuse the dryer is wired to if theres a problem.you may have a bad motor in the dryer but you should have an electrician look at this wiring right away, there is something wrong with the wiring, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Planning to have a technician look at it. Should I replace the breaker the dryer is on?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well I would definitely have that checked, it should trip before the main, this is dangerous if it does not trip. thanks Bryan