Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Do I have a bad water pump I have a 2.5 year old Bosch

Do I have a bad water pump?

I have a 2.5 year old Bosch SHE66C (or 58C - can't tell from the manual) dishwasher (stainless interior, hidden control panel). It's been functioning fine, until now.

After loading (nothing unusual - and we unloaded it fully, too)
- turned it off and back on
- set to any wash cycle (quick, regular, etc.)
- You can hear it trying to work (very mild sound, but this is a pretty quiet machine when working), but no water is coming in.

We had this same problem a couple weeks ago, but then it decided to start working again - until now.

I completely unloaded it to diagnose, cleaned the filters, etc. but it still won't pump water. Really, these only last 2.5 years? My parents have a 20 year old Maytag that has never failed. And this is at the top of Consumer Reports best dishwashers?

Any help is greatly appreciated - happy new year!
are you not getting any water going in at all?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Not a drop. I put a towel in the dishwasher and turned it on to verify.
your inlet valve is bad, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=to verify remove the plug on the valve and run machine, check for 110 volts to the valve, if you have it replace the valve, you can order this @ this is a very common they fail all time on this machine, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Where is the inlet valve? Can I access it from inside the tank or do I need to pull out the dishwasher?
it is in the bottom left front corner of the machine, you can access this form the front, thanks Bryan