Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE Profile Electric Range model B960W. The stovetop

I have a GE Profile Electric Range model B960W. The stovetop burners stopped working even though the oven continues to work. When I turn on any range switch, the indicator lites up but no heat. What is the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
all of the burners stopped working? is this an old range?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Approx 1998. As I mention the oven and other electronics seem to work fine and there is power to the unit. T
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok this could be a number of things, 1 you have a bad wire that has burned off where the burner controls are, 2 one off your infinate switches is bad, these are run in a series and if one goes the rest can be effected, this range is to old to get the diagrams for, does the top lft up on this?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes if I remove some screws. The other thing I notice is that when the stove worked, the I would hear a soft "click" when I would turn a burner switch on. I no longer hear this "click" when I turn a burner switch on...even though the burner light does go on
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

I believe you have a bad burner switch. unfortunately I cant look these up the range its to old, they take the parts out of the computers after 8-10 years and they are no longer available, I would check all the wiring in the burner controls and possibly you will find a bad wire, thats about all we can do, if you cant do this then you may need to call for service, they do make universal infinate switches that a tech could install if one is bad, sorry, hope this is helpful, thanks Bryan