master appliance tech
master appliance tech, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  6 years+ in home service own and operate my own in home appliance repair company
13501207

whirlpool washer shakes during spin cycle. do they all do that

Customer Question

whirlpool washer shakes during spin cycle. do they all do that ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.

What type of floor do you have it on?

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We have it on a 3/4"hard wood floor over 3/4"subfloor
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.

Did you just get this machine?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Had it for maybe 6 months

Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.

Did it do it from the start when you got it?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The first washer did it from the start, and this one was quiet the first couple weeks then it got progressively worse
Expert:  master appliance tech replied 4 years ago.
how do you do your laundry. with the front loads it important to think about weight of something when it wet jeans weigh more than a shirt. i always recommend to wash pants with pants and shirts with shirts. you w want to make sure that all the legs are touching the floor. and a good test to see if the floor is giving way is set a glass of water on the floor about afoot away from the washer and put the washer on spin and see if the water moves.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My washer is not a front load. and of chose all the legs are touching the floor. I guess i will just have to get rid of this washer, and believe me the next one will not be a whirlpool if i can help it .thanks for trying to help, but i guess whirlpool doesn't know how to make washer .

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi chas So u would say that there is not help for my shaken washer.Do you get a lot of complaints about whirlpool washers?
i do not see a lot of complaints on whirlpool washer for shaking. im guessing you got something going on with the install. ether the shipping pins were not removed or the lets are not level. take a level and level the front legs then tip the washer forward and the rear legs auto adjust to level. if there no and your washer is tipped back then that could be the problem.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well I guess i feel that I have not got any solutions for my problem. I don't feel like paying for advice that doesn't make any difference.the washer shakes so bad that the screws holding the top on rattle out.It also have a back squeak as it shakes.
did you move the washer of did they deliver it. if you picked it up did you remove the shipping pins? i feel you have a problem with the install if the floor is not shaking then as long as the washer has a balanced load in it is should not shake.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what do you mean by putting a glass of water on the floor? like you mean it should sit perfectly still when it is spinning?
if the water in the glass is moving then the floor is moving and the washer will be shaking
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok I will try using a glass of water to test the floor
let me know how it goes