Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a G.E. washer model #wwse5200blww / serial # ld1080326.

I have a G.E. washer model #wwse5200blww / serial # XXXXX Washer is about 6-7 yrs. old, the spin cycle has stopped working. It just kinda moans like it is locked up. Can it be repaired or is it shot.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
I believe the moaning you hear is the drain pump. this is separate from the spin motor, you may have a bad lid switch in this, Part 824433these are magnetic switches, you can jump the switch out and see if it spins, if it does replace the switch, if this agitates its not a belt.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

When I put it on spin cycle it will spin for about 30 sec. and then it will stop and that is when I hear that moan sound like it is locked up.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok you should check the belt then , maybe its slipping, on the front panel about 3 " in from each side there are clip between the front panel and the top, get a knife and slide it under the clips and pull out on the top of the panel and it will come off, check and see how tight the belt is also see if its real shinny, let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok thanks Bryan I will try that
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok let me know, thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
sorry lost my Internet, thanks Bryan