Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE Profile Performance top load washing machine that

I have a GE Profile Performance top load washing machine that will not agitate. It spins and drains fine. The belt is good too. The model # XXXXX XXXXX serial number, LT141118G. Could the problem be the motor? Thanks.
most likely your drive bell is stripped, this is very common on these , the good news is its only $6.65 @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-WPSF5170W0WW-%3d%3di1195917&PartID=1195917 Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=pull the agitator off and you will see this. hope this helps thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
THanks! So all I have to do is pull the agitator up and I will see this? I have been trying to do that and am wondering if it is bolted in. To be clear, I am pulling up on the agitator in the center of the tub. I have removed the fabric softener piece and am still trying to get the agitator out. Any suggestions?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I just got the agitator out and the drive bell too. The drive bell just spins on the splined shaft, but when I pull it up a little bit, it engages. The metal splines are good and it looks like the drive bell is worn.
yep thats it! change that and your all set, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks Bryan! I'll go get one! Tom
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks Bryan! I'm back in business! Two loads done and lookin good! Thanks very much! Tom
your very welcome, thanks Bryan