Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

HAVE A G E RANGE TURNED IT OFF AND SOMETHING ARCED AND POPED

HAVE A G E RANGE TURNED IT OFF AND SOMETHING ARCED AND POPED THE BREAKER
MODEL JBP26G0J3WH SERIAL # XXXXX
HOW TO REMOVE THE BACK WHERE THE SWITCHES ARE
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
was the arc in the control panel? what were you turning off? the oven or a burner?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i turned off the burner then set my pan on the small back burner.then pop but i did not see where the flash was from just caught a glimps when i turned to do another task.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

ok most likely you have either a bad infinate switch(the switch you turn the burner on with) or one of the wires on the burner is shorted, these are plug in burners correct?

infinate switch.

rface burner infinite control switch kit
<a href=Appliance Part Mouse Over" width="120" height="94"/>Appliance Part Mouse OverAppliance Part Mouse Over
Mouse over to see other views. Everything you see is included in this part.
Part 2603
receptacle.Part 2569these are the two things to look at. pull the range out and unplug it, take the screws out of the back panel at the top to get to the switches, the top should lift up to check the receptacles,. thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i removed the screws on the top of the range and the ones on the side but can not get the top panel to come loose. it seams to be stuck in the middle where the clock and timers are i do not want to force anything so asa not to break it
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
also i connot view the pictures when i click view larger image they stay small
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have not received a reply
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

since i did not here from you about not getting the top off i keep looking at it and saw where i had to remove one screw each off the oven switches it easley came off then

there is some ozone on the switch in question. can i still use the range if i do not user this burner?

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
sorry i lost my Internet, the only way to tell is turn the range on and see if it stays on and doesn't trip the breaker, let me know, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.