Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE Profile Arctica refrigerator model # PT525SBMARBS,

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile Arctica refrigerator model # XXXXX ser # XXXXX Purchased new in 2/03. In 4/06 the freezer was not getting cold enough and a service repair man came out and replaced the power control board with part # XXXXX Now my freezer is again not getting cold enough. Should I just order another control board and replace it myself? Thanks for any advice.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
is there frost on the back panel in the freezer? is the fan running in the freezer? how long ago was the mother board replaced?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No frost, compressor kicks on like normal, and sounds like a fan running when compressor kicks on. Power control board replaced 3 1/2 yrs ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok you may need a new board, is the fan in the freezer running? open the door and push the light button in and see if the fan comes on
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
When I open the freezer door and push the light button nothing changes, if a fan is running it is very quite, although I can feel air coming out of the vent in the back of the freezer, so I guess that is the fan running?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
sounds like it is,well you need to change the board again unfortunately, I don't know what you paid for the last board but you can order this @ for $117.00, great price! hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes, I paid 115.00 for my last one. Do I need more than a screwdriver to replace this board? Is this typical for these refrigerators? Thanks for the response, you will get paid.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
you need to take the cover off and there are 4 plastic posts that go through the board, just push the little side pins on the posts in and the board will come out, thanks Bryan