Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

how do i release the door lock on my amana front loader washing

Customer Question

how do i release the door lock on my amana front loader washing machine?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
is there water inside the tub? The unit will not unlock until all the water is removed from the unit so you may need to disconnect the drain hose and drain all the water out if for some reason the unit isn't draining properly anymore. Once all the water is out of the machine it should unlock when you turn the machine on again.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
There is no water in the machine. It is giving me an OE error (for the second time in a month). The pressure (?) switch was replaced on Monday and it is already giving me the same error. I need my daughters uniform out for a race tomorrow morning and I was hoping there was a manual door release switch somewhere.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
there isn't an manual door release, and OE means the unit doesn't think the water is draining. If you disconnect the hose to the pressure switch and blow through it to make sure it's clear, the unit will think there is not water in the tub (even if there is) which will allow you to open the door.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Nope that didn't work either. I got the back of the washer off and disconnected the hose from the switch. I give up.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
alright well you can try unplugging the unit for 5 minutes. If it's one of the models with a wax motor the door will unlock with no power after 5 minutes.