Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Whrilpool GW395LEP Gas Range that the door is locked.

I have a Whrilpool GW395LEP Gas Range that the door is locked. This resulted in setting the oven self-clean switch. After the oven heated up and ran approximately 30 min we returned to the oven and found the front panel dead and the oven door still locked. We unplugged the stove from the wall waited a long while..30min to an hour... and then plugged it back in. Still nothing showed on the front panel. The stove top still ignites and operates. How do I get the door open and what parts do I need?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
unfortunately if the control is blank its bad, have you check the power supply, is it getting 220 volts? this is the control,
Control, migration
Appliance Part Mouse OverAppliance Part Mouse Over
Mouse over to see other views. Everything you see is included in this part.
Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
the best way to get the oven open is to replace the control. when you replace it and plug the oven back in it should unlock. the power for the lock comes from the control, before replacing the control check the thermal protector and make sure its not blown, Part 905772# XXXXX on this diagram, if it has continuity its good, replace the control, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
little confused... the thermal protector appears to be inside the oven compartment and in accordance with your description I can't get to it without replacing the control panel. Is that correct?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well the thermal protector is either on the back of the oven or the roof, these can be a pain sometimes, the diagram doesn't really show where , sorry, Bryan