Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I recently received a GE replacement magnetron (under warranty)

I recently received a GE replacement magnetron (under warranty) for a microwave oven, model #JVM1631WB 004, that was manufactured in 2001. However, the new magnetron does not have a second "male plug" on which to attach two black wires as on the original. GE parts states that this is indeed the new replacement magnetron (part #WB27X10017). My question -- what happens to the additional two female (black) connector wires that now have no connection point? GE's parts and customer service answer, "we need to send a technician to repair it." What's your answer? Thanks.

are these wires connected to a round disk on the side of the magnetron?Part 769912let me know, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the image that you sent is a part that is on the original magnetron, but is absent from the replacement part
ok you just need to take the one off the old magnetron and put it on the new one, this is the thermal cutoff for the magnetron so if it overheats it cuts the power to the magnetron, you have to buy this separately unless you use the old one, it should be fine so just use that one, thanks Bryan