Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience
14207197

I have a Frigidaire dryer LEQ2152ESO. I want to check the error

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire dryer LEQ2152ESO. I want to check the error code. How do I initiate this. The manual I have shows a step 1 - position the cycle selector knob to the 3 O'clock position. Issue - the selector knob dials a display which rotates behind the glass window and goes from 15 (thru +15 intervals) to 90, then bulky, towels, normal, Perm Press, Quick, Delciate, then comes back to 15. Which is 12 positions.
Question 1 - which is the 3 O'clock position?
Question 2 - is there a more relevant instruction?

Thanks, Tom
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 4 years ago.
Spin the drum by hand a few times and then try to start it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Tried spin the drum a few times, and tried the start. No success.
It just humms?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, just a humming noise.
From what you have told me you need to replace the motor.The start windings have gone bad.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK, and please also reply on the initial question of how to check (initiate with the selector switch?) the error codes.

Thanks

Just follow the directions in the manual.3 o'clock is the right middle.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The selector knob spins a dial behind a small window, so the dial turns through 12 positions. The selector knob does not have a marking which rotates with the selector knob through the clock positions. So without knowing what is the 12 O'clock position, I cannot turn right by 3 clicks to the 3 O'clock position.

On the control face there are dots 3 o'clock would be the second one down.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Above the knob is a glass window of about 90degree arc, and through this window I can see the part of the circular dial attached to the knob. The glass window is fixed in position and has a vertical line drawn. The knob rotates the dial which then shows which setting is seen behind the vertical line, and thus show the setting selected. The knob can be freely rotated clockwise or counterclockwise for rounds and rounds.

I cannot align the knob to a 3 o'clock position. Perhaps there is another way to get the error codes?

Did the machine give a error code?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, cannot initiate the machine to give an error code. Probably the manual I have does not match the machine.
Well If it did not show one i doubt there is any.I would just replace the motor and you should be fine.I have to leave for a while but i will be back.