Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Has anyone ever had a stackable dryer fall on them Our nanny

Has anyone ever had a stackable dryer fall on them? Our nanny said our stackable dryer fell on her while she was walking by. We know it was off the washer and on top of her so it might be true, but we are wondering if it was staged since she was trying to get workers comp aftewards. It had been in place for 5 years but was moved slightly one week prior to clean out the dryer vent. If it really happened then Whirpool and Lowe's need to know their product is a safety hazard.
this sounds a little suspicious , was the dryer mounted with the mounting brackets? can you get me the model # ? I will look up any recalls for this but I've never heard of it. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, it was mounted with the mounting brackets. One of them is bent back now but we are not sure if that happened when the person who helped her put it back up on the washer. It is a Whirpool Duet but I don't see a model number on it. I have the owner's manual - would it be in the owner's manual?
check these places,
LOCATE YOUR DRYER MODEL NUMBER
First, here are some tips to help with your model number:
  1. Don't enter a dash if it's not required.
  2. Don't enter any blank spaces.
  3. Be sure a zero is not the letter O.
  4. Be sure a lower case L is not a 1.
  5. Kenmore models always have a 3 digit prefix such as 110 or 665, then a period, then more numbers.
Next, look for an aluminum tag--or a silver or white adhesive label. The model number may be printed or stamped onto the tag and it may be written in two different type sizes or styles.

You might find the tag in one of these places:

Dryer only, gas or electric

• Inside the door, on the cabinet frame
  • On the back of the unit, near the top
  • On the side of the unit, near the front

Washer-dryer combination unit

• Inside the dryer door, on the door frame
  • On top of the dryer
  • On the side of the washer, near the bottom, front
  • Under the washer lid
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Model = GEW9250PW1
ok , I dont see any recalls for this problem, if this was installed correctely with the stack kit its highly unlikely the dryer would fall by itself, I cant really say how this happened though, you may need to have someone come out and look at it to see if it was tampered with. (screws loosend) I just can see this happening, I've been doing this for a long time and have never heard of that, thanks Bryan