Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I am currently having my 1996 W30400B oven repaired, MetroFS

Customer Question

I am currently having my 1996 W30400B oven repaired, MetroFS in NJ was called in and came on Nov 17. Wendy was the factory contact, I had indicated the unit was not warming up and the lower element was cold, she said that might not be problem and could be another area.
When the technican arrived within 2 minutes he said the element was bad and he would order one. I told him of the factory comment, he said no, its the element. The element arrived 11/24 and replaced by a different tech. The oven still did not work. Tech line was called and after 2 hours the clock unit was diagnosed as bad and ordered.
Clock finally arrived Jan 6 and oven still did not work.Total cost $476.87.
Discussion between factory and service co indicated 2 techs were required to remove unit from wall, neither will pay for the service.
In searching the internet there is a power relay mentioned that goes bad. Tech service says the unit is to old and the problem may be in the wiring.
I have requested full refund!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
your problem is probably the relay power board, Part 905230this is not the clock. this is the clock assembly they sent you correct? Part 695128 you got taken for the clock it only lists for $164.00 and thats retail! I would call the company that did the work and demand a refund, the relay board is only $ 152.00 so don't let them tell you they will trade the clock for the relay board. I would call another company to repair this. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks Would appreciate relay power board part # XXXXX available
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
sure the part # XXXXX XXXXX thanks and well wishes, Bryan