Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Frigidaire self cleaning stove model CFES387CFB6 and

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire self cleaning stove model CFES387CFB6 and went through the cleaning process and now the door will no open. The fan continues to run and the panle says locked.
I tried a process to open the door that was online but did not work.
HELP!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok the top of this oven lifts up, you will need to lift this up and under the the cooktop in the front you should be able to access the lock assembly. shut the breaker off before servicing, this is what your looking for, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=these are geared so you cant just turn it you will need to remove the latch assembly and replace it, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-CFES387CFB6-%3d%3dei1197712&PartID=1197712 the lock assembly motor has failed, hope this info is helpful, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The top is a glass cook top and did not lift up.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok sorry , after researching this again your lock assembly is in the back of this unit, heres the diagram, part # XXXXX is the lock assembly, this has a rod that runs to it to lock the door, remove the back panel(pull the oven out) and you can access thye lock assembly from the rear. heres where you can order this, http://www.appliancepartspros.com/part_details.aspx?part_id=4353761&rdr=%2fpartsearch%2fmodel.aspx%3fmodel_id%3d5151270%26diagram_id%3d1241335 thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you. I will try this procedure later and let you know.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
your welcome, i'll be here. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you.

I followed your instructions and released the door.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
your welcome thanks Bryan