Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a LG refrigerator The water comes out very slow from

Customer Question

I have a LG refrigerator The water comes out very slow from the dispenser.Normally when that happens, I change the filter. This time I changed the filter, but the water still comes out slow. The refrigerator is about 6 years old. Model # XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok you will need to replace the fill valve in this, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this is common,after years of use the valve gets clogged inside and doesn't open fully, you can order this @ this will solve your problem, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the info. But where is this valve located and how do I get to it?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok the valve is located in the back where the line from the house connects. get the new valve before pulling this one and transfer the plugs and hoses one at a time so you don't mix them up. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I just want you to know that the part that you ordered for me didnt fit..Matter of fact, I CANNOT get a part for the refrigarator..Never even LG has the part..

If you can find the correct part, let me know.. Right now I still don't have water coming from the frig!

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
found the diagrams for this and it has two valves, are you checking the correct valve, heres the diagram, see which one you have, Sears has these both, you may have both in yours , its the second valve in line, these are a pain, heres the link to sears, r=LRSPC2031T&productCategoryId=0165000&brandId=3204&brandDescription=LG&modelName=REFRIGERATOR&diagramPageId=00005&componentDescription=ICE%20AND%20WATER&documentId=P0301206&blt=06 hope this helps, thanks Bryan