Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

FOR MODEL CFEF366EM, IS IT NORMAL THAN UP ELEMENT DONT START

FOR MODEL CFEF366EM, IS IT NORMAL THAN UP ELEMENT DON'T START AT ALL AT BROIL AND PREHEAT FONCTIONS?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well some ovens use the bake and broil to preheat and some dont,the black spots on the element is a sign the element is going bad. the oven light goes out when it reaches temp. the preheat light though I dont believe this is suppose to be on after its pre heated. it may be caused by the weak lower element, the oven is trying to compensate for the bottom element, I would change the element and see if that solves the issue, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=its under $21.00 and this may solve it, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

BUT SIR,

HOW COULD I BROIL SOME FOOD IF UPPER ELEMENT DON'T START ON?

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
thje upper element isnt comming on at all?. thats different, you probably need the broil element, I'm sorry I misunderstood. when you put this in broil only it doesnt come on?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no sir it doesn't and neither when i am using other fonction. in fact it never come on. to test it, i have put the broil at maximum (550F) and it came on very few seconds and gone off and never reappear. It's after this test than black spots appear under brackets of bottom element (those brackets are holding bottom element).
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok do you have a volt meter and know how to check continuity?this is either going to be a bad element(broil) or the erc (electronic range control) is bad, I would check the broil element for continuity, remember to shut the breaker off before attempting any repair, thanks Bryan