Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hello@! I own a two year old gas admiral dryer and the belt

Customer Question

Hello@!
I own a two year old gas admiral dryer and the belt is major squeeking. Can I tighten it or does it need to be replaced? Is there an access panel in the back or do I have to remove all the back? is there a picture of the belt/panel area I can get?

HELPPPPPPPPPP

thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
can you get me the full model #? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm at work sir, or I would. It is a basic model with a standard front type door, not the slanted type newer models. I purchased it at sears a couple of years ago and it was on sale. There are three dials on top. the one on the left controls the temp but is only three settings, air fluff, low then normal. The second dial is just to turn on or off the buzzer and the one of the right is the timer or has a senser cycle for either permapress or normal clothes.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok , I am guessing as to what the problem is but I belive its not the belt but the idler pulley , Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=75 % of the time its this, there is a chance it could be one of the support rollers also, not as likely though, Part 966673in order to get you the diagrams i would need a model # XXXXX when you get home please send the model and i will try to get those for you, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, I will get it and send it to you. Is there a specific Email address or do I just sign on here again?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
just sign in and post it here, i will get it, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok sir,

Hope you're doing well today! The Admiral I have is a "Heavy Duty Super Capacity Plus Interior light 5 Cycle" and the model number is XXXXX

Will the standard appliance parts store carry the pulley or belt or do I have to order it?

thanks!

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

the wheels are the same but the pully is different than the one I showed you above , this is the one you need, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=under twenty dollars, yes a local appliance part store will probably have these, the pulley part # XXXXX

37001287 and the wheels are part # XXXXX hope this helps, thanks Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you sir! I feel better already!

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
your welcome Mike, Happy New Year! thanks Bryan