MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
24031813

We have a Frigidaire FTMD18P4KW0 that is less than 4 months

We have a Frigidaire FTMD18P4KW0 that is less than 4 months old.It is a Top Freezer that we keep in the garage. We live in Iowa where the temp has been very cold about 32 degrees or less in garage. We keep dropping the temp in freezer yet the water will not make ice in tray. No ice maker. The refrigerator appears to operate but not freezer?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 6 years ago.

Your unit is best run in an area that is above 45 deg. The unit only senses temp in the fresh food section. So if your garage is under 38 deg the unit will never turn on and the freezer will not get cold. They make what is called a garage kit for it but it will only work down to 37deg and the cost of it is not worth. Sorry, I tell my customers to not store freezer goods in there until spring.

Thank you...