MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
24031813

We have a 7 month old Kenmore Elite (mfg by Whirlpool). About

We have a 7 month old Kenmore Elite (mfg by Whirlpool). About 3 days after changing the water filter, the water dispenser stopped working but the ice dispenser is working just fine. Do really need that $123 service call to have water again?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 4 years ago.

Do you hear a buzz noise from behind the unit when trying to get water?

Do you have a model number from the unit. It should start with 106. It will be located inside the fresh food section.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is a slight hum, not at all like the icemaker , that seems to come from the bottom of the fridge. XXXXXXXXXX
Sorry can you resend the model# XXXXX " " around it. They think it is a phone #. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
"106.45423800"

Look at item #16. Remove the drawers in front of this tank and using a hair dryer on low. Heat up the bottom of the tank. Stop and check for water every so often. If it frees up run about a quart of water through it. Make sure your controls are set correctly and call sears back and ask them if there is a freeze kit that goes to your model.

Thank you and let me know how it turns out or if you find this did not work.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The schematic was so large that we had trouble finding #16. We aren't sure if you mean on the freezer or refrigerator side. Getting hair dryer......

Try this link

Sorry, There is a cooling tank behind the crisper and deli drawers that have a habit of freezing. Let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We found it and are attempting to thaw...
Keep me posted...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We're back in the running---literally.
Thank you for working with us. You're AWESOME!!!!
Thank you very much glad we were able to get you taken care of. Please do the follow up with sears tomorrow.
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology