MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology

We have a 7 month old Kenmore Elite (mfg by Whirlpool). About

We have a 7 month old Kenmore Elite (mfg by Whirlpool). About 3 days after changing the water filter, the water dispenser stopped working but the ice dispenser is working just fine. Do really need that $123 service call to have water again?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 6 years ago.

Do you hear a buzz noise from behind the unit when trying to get water?

Do you have a model number from the unit. It should start with 106. It will be located inside the fresh food section.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There is a slight hum, not at all like the icemaker , that seems to come from the bottom of the fridge. XXXXXXXXXX
Sorry can you resend the model# XXXXX " " around it. They think it is a phone #. Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Look at item #16. Remove the drawers in front of this tank and using a hair dryer on low. Heat up the bottom of the tank. Stop and check for water every so often. If it frees up run about a quart of water through it. Make sure your controls are set correctly and call sears back and ask them if there is a freeze kit that goes to your model.

Thank you and let me know how it turns out or if you find this did not work.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The schematic was so large that we had trouble finding #16. We aren't sure if you mean on the freezer or refrigerator side. Getting hair dryer......

Try this link

Sorry, There is a cooling tank behind the crisper and deli drawers that have a habit of freezing. Let me know.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
We found it and are attempting to thaw...
Keep me posted...
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
We're back in the running---literally.
Thank you for working with us. You're AWESOME!!!!
Thank you very much glad we were able to get you taken care of. Please do the follow up with sears tomorrow.