Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

At seemingly random times, our Kitchenaid (KUDI24SE) dishwasher

Customer Question

At seemingly random times, our Kitchenaid (KUDI24SE) dishwasher will run over, causing water to puddle on the floor during the wash cycle. I have removed the access and lower panels and found no evidence of moisture on the floor immediately under the washer. I also removed the sprayer arm carousel, found an orange peel roughly 1x2 inches and a slightly stuck float device. What do you think?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok have you run the dish washer since removing the orange peel? this will definately cause the machine to overflow, have you removed the float from the machine and does the float go up and down now without sticking? let me know thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

No, I definitely have not run the washer since I only removed it just minutes ago, so I'll have to wait until we're reloaded - otherwise I'm just wasting water. I will let you know after that if I can get back to you.

The float does move now without any apparent friction - its pretty smooth now.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
sure just come back and post, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
For how long does my $24 last.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
you should be fine for anouther 23 hours i believe, will you know tonight?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I doubt I'll know tonight since only my wife and I are at home now after the holiday hordes have left. I will click the green accept button, but I doubt I'll ever come back here-- this has the faint sniff of nickel and diming. As a retired person I have to watch my spending, thanks to the Bushies. Have a good life
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
I'm sorry if I hav'nt answered you completely, I'm not asking for more money just want to help you figure this out, I thought you were there or were going back, leave the question open and you can come back and let me know next time you go there. thanks Bryan