Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my whirlpool frige is no longer cold and either is the freezer,

my whirlpool frige is no longer cold and either is the freezer, the light comes on but i can here no motor noise
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer's for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

The model number should be on the fresh food side of the unit on the wall...

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
think it is model cb 1c and serial number 5019 100 33073, problem is that it is no longer cold
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
can you check these places for a full model #? First, here are some tips to help with your model number:
  1. Don't enter a dash if it's not required.
  2. Don't enter any blank spaces.
  3. Be sure a zero is not the letter O.
  4. Be sure a lower case L is not a 1.
  5. Kenmore models always have a 3 digit prefix such as 110 or 665, then a period, then more numbers.
Next, look for an aluminum tag--or a silver or white adhesive label. The model number may be printed or stamped onto the tag and it may be written in two different type sizes or styles.

You might find the tag in one of these places:

All types

• Inside the refrigerator or freezer, on the upper left or right side wall
  • Behind the lower crisper drawer
  • Behind the lower toe kick-plate
  • On the face frame of the refrigerator body,
  • thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
try these, ARZ 807/h and 11 0049 004290
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok the numbers dont help but let see if we can do something anyway, do you hear any clicking or buzzing comming from the compressor? are the fans running inside the freezer and in the back near the compressor, ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no noise at all, light is working and that about it
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok no fans at all? this sounds like your cold control is bad, thats the dial you turn to set the temperature, the one that shuts the refrigerator off, do you have tools to take the control panel down and get to the controls?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
will have a look in it for u
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
unplug the refrigerator ,if you can get to the thermostat try taking the two wires off and puuting them together and plug the refrigerator back in and see if it starts, if so the thermostat is bad, let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
would that be the blue and brown wires
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
to be honest i dont know what color they are, but there sould be two wires and a ground wire on this, so if the two wires are brown and blue this must be them,
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
4 wires on it, n = blue, 3 = white, 1(6)= brown 4 = black and also the earth wire
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
I cant get the info on this so i'll opt out hopefully someone else can help. thanks Bryan