Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Maytag Performance Electric Dryer last few weeks when Ive

Maytag Performance Electric Dryer: last few weeks when I've pushed in the dial to start the drying cycle it hasn't started right up. Sort of "revved up" and then kicked in. Now it won't start at all.
ok was this making a loud buzz noise and taking a bit to start? do you have someone ther to hold the door switch button inwhile you push the start button and spin the drum? tell me if it starts then, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There was no loud buzzing noise. It was like it was trying to start but could not. we will try and spin the drum now.
ok let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It started right up, without spinning the drum and the slow start. What do you think may be causing this?
your motor is going unfortunately, the start windings are shot, if you get me the model # XXXXX'll look that up for you, thanks Bryan