Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Maytag Performa (MED5740TQ0) dryer wont start. It has

Customer Question

My Maytag Performa (MED5740TQ0) dryer won't start. It has electric. The light turns on when I open the door.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
you have a blown thermal fuse in this, can you get me the model #? i will look up parts and a diagram to help, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

SER: MU1907901

TYPE: DWSR-ELE-2406026-CV54

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
this is the thermal fuse,
Thermal fuse, on blower housing cover, can not be re-set, must be replaced if open (no continuity between pins).
Part 2986its # XXXXX on this diagram,
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Hi, sorry got disconnected, to get to the thermal fuse remove the back panel and on the lower left side is the blower housing you will see the thermal fuse there, unplug the dryer and take the two wires off and tape them together if the dryer starts then change the fuse (do not run like that) its a safety, if it doesnt start let me knwo , thanks Bryan

Edited by a1speedyappliance on 1/3/2010 at 2:08 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I replaced the thermal fuse and the dryer still won't start. I've cleaned everything and don't know what to do next.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
is the little black tab on the door switch broken? Part 528948its the part that the door hits when you close it. let me know, thanks Bryan