Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

MDB6701AWB dishawasher, new. I just installed it, and when

MDB6701AWB dishawasher, new. I just installed it, and when I plug the power cord in, nothing happens. No lights or sound. I have double checked to makee sure that it is getting 120 vac, and that the power cord is good. Any suggestions?
when you connected the power in the box with wirenuts did you strip back the black and white wires? this is a problem with these, they solder the ends of the wires and they dont make a good connection to the copper wire cord, try cutting off the soldered part and stripping the wires to clean copper and then connect, see if it works, if not this is a new machine you dont want to play with it or they will void the warranty, let me know if that works, thanks Bryan