John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

I have a Kenmore classic grille. I want to replace it. Having

I have a Kenmore classic grille. I want to replace it. Having a hard time finding a stove/oven with the down draft exhaust. Any suggestions? Plus, how can I insulate the bottom of oven as there is a tremendous draft coming up from it? Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

If you can give me the model number, I can identify the original manufacturer. It's most likely a Jenn Air unit, but I need to verify that.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, it's a Kenmore: Model #(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

Kenmore is just a Sears trade name. The unit was produced by the Roper appliance

company. They would be a good source to check for a similar unit. I'll post back with contact information.

Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

It turns out that Roper appliances are manufactured by Whirlpool. Here are two websites you can check for a new unit, '', and 'www.'.

The draft is being created by the downdraft vent fan. The vent hose that's supposed to direct the exhaust out of the house has probably come loose from its flange.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What type of replacement unit would work? Having a tough time finding a "downdraft"
exhaust........whirlpool nor roper do not make one.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
I thought that might be the case. The only company producing downdraft units that I'm aware of is Jenn Air. Their website is ''.