How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have Sharp R- 1851 Over the range oven , bilt april 1998

Resolved Question:

I have Sharp R- 1851 Over the range oven , bilt april 1998 turned it on for brekfast and after a few seconds it made a soft poof and went compleatly dead.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you have blowm the internal fuse in this, Part 757868its located behind the control panel uplug the microwave before ettempting any repairs, these are dangerous to work on, this is what the goverment warning says, CPSC Banner

Consumer Product Safety Commission

Electrocution Hazard with Do-It-Yourself Repairs of Microwave Ovens

CPSC Document #5061



The U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) warns against do-it-yourself repairs of microwave ovens. Each year, on average, four people die from electrocution trying to repair their microwave ovens. Microwave ovens use high voltage which makes it particularly hazardous for consumers to remove the cover and touch electrical parts. The possibility for electrical shock from a microwave oven still exists even after the oven is disconnected from the power source. Should certain internal devices fail, even unplugged ovens can cause serious injury.

The Commission strongly recommends that consumers have professionals repair microwave ovens because electrical appliances can be hazardous if consumers expose live electrical parts.



/!\ WARNING

ELECTROCUTION HAZARD
HIGH VOLTAGE

Removing the cover of your microwave oven and touching an electrical part can kill you.

Have a professional repair your microvave oven

 

 

Be safe if you can do this call a tech in to check it, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have read your warning. the microwave went dead on Dec. 22, 2009 is that enough time so that the high voltage shuld be dishcharged? I have carfuly removed the panel and looked for the fuse without touching any electrical components!! But I did not see anything that looked like the fuse. can I proceed?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

well the best thing I can do for you is send you a link to the diagrams and parts list, if you can find the fuse you may need to call a tech, I believe the fuse holder is part # XXXXX XXXXX on the diagrams, hope the helps, thanks Bryan,

 

link

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getSubComp.pd?modelNumber=R-1851&productCategoryId=0123370&brandId=0958&bra ndDescription=SHARP&modelName=MICROWAVE&diagramPageId=00001&componentDescription=MICROWAVE&documentId=P0102338&blt=06

Bryan and 4 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you