Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

we have an amana tj20nl refrigerator It began making a clock

we have an amana tj20nl refrigerator It began making a clock ticking noise under the frig today, and the freezer is making sounds as well. The freezer sounds like it is emitting a spray of gas in short bursts. We've had trouble with the ice maker before, but it has worked fine the past 6 mos or so.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
the ticking noise underneath is the defrost timer, Part 375305 the ice maker is probably making the noise in the freezer.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is this something I need to get looked at? Is it something I can fix myself? Or can I just shut down the ice maker?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well the ice maker line may have air in it, did this noise stop after you turned the ice ,maker off? as far as the timer goes you can probably replace this yourself,